It is intended that the Plan be used by the City, County, and Agency as a source of guidance in operating the programs and facilities that make up the solid waste management system for the whole County.
Some of the goals of the Plan are:
• To ensure financial stability for the solid waste management system;
• To increase recycling and other forms of diverting waste from the landfill;
• To provide reliable disposal services;
• To assure that costs are distributed fairly and equitably; and,
• To educate and inform a wide range of stakeholders.
Read the Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan