Helping Santa Fe Rethink Their Waste
Recycling is third on the list in the waste reduction hierarchy, after reduce and reuse.
Recycling alone is not the answer to reducing our impact on the environment; however, it does provide a way to use valuable materials more than once extending the lifecycle of products. If we didn’t recycle, we could end up extracting and using non renewable resources (precious metals and oil) until they are completely depleted.
What can I recycle in Santa Fe?
There are many different items that you can recycle in Santa Fe. Where they are recycled depends on the item. You can recycle:
However, this section will concentrate on common recyclables that don’t require special handling or care.
- All types of paper including paperboard and cardboard; all plastic containers; and metals such as foil, aluminum, and tin can be recycled.
- Please make sure your recyclables are clean and dry and that you leave on all caps.
- Please do not crush your recyclables.
- Glass can also be recycled but it needs to be in a separate bin if you are in the County and taken to BuRRT or drop off centers in the City.
- See the materials to the right to find out where your items are accepted.
The current Santa Fe County Convenience Center flyer is below:
Feel free to print these.