Helping Santa Fe Rethink Their Waste
The intent of our HHW Facility is to provide collection services to the residential community within Santa Fe City & County. However, we recognize that small businesses generate these types of wastes as well. Under our permit guidelines with NMED, we are able to accept materials from Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Hazardous Waste Generators or CESQG’s.
In order to ensure compliance, the following steps need to be taken so that your business can utilize our HHW facility:
- A Generator Waste Profile Sheet must be filled out and submitted to BuRRT. Forms can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Once the Generator Waste Profile form is received by the Agency, we will review it to ensure compliance with CESQG guidelines and call to make an appointment for drop-off at the HHW Facility.
- If we review the Generator Waste Profile Sheet and determine you fall outside of the CESQG guidelines, we will provide you with a contact person at our contractor who will be able to work with you directly to handle the disposal.
Under the current CESQG guidelines the following amounts of material can be disposed of at the HHW Facility:
- Motor Oil: 25 gallons per MONTH
- Antifreeze: 23 gallons per MONTH
- Paint: 15 gallons of each type (Latex, Oil, Stains, Varnishes, Lacquers & Thinners) per MONTH
- Batteries: 25 lbs/TRIP, not to exceed 220 lbs/month (Alkaline, rechargeable, automotive, etc.)
- Other Materials: 25 lbs/TRIP, not to exceed 220 lbs/month.
Download the Generator Waste Profile Sheet here.