The Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency is hosting Spring Free Trash Day for City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County residents on Saturday, April 17, from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. at the Buckman Road Recycling & Transfer Station (BuRRT) and the Caja del Rio Landfill.
The Agency expects a large turnout for this popular event, so be prepared for a longer wait time than normal. Residents needing assistance with unloading should bring help with them.
Residents must also observe the following:
- Limit to one load.
- All loads must be secured and covered with a tarp.
- All vehicles with trailers must go to the landfill.
- All non-acceptable items will be subject to tipping fees.
- No commercial/business waste will be accepted.
- Loads that arrive in commercial vehicles or trailers will be subject to tipping fees for commercial/business waste.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, all customers must:
- Wear a facemask or face-covering at all times.
- Limit to two people per vehicle.
- Stay within their parking space and keep six feet away from others.
To avoid long wait times, the Agency encourages recyclers to come on another day or to use the City recycling drop-off centers at 2950 Agua Fria or 4009 Lucia Lane.
Garbage, rubbish, unwanted materials
Bulky items – large appliances, furniture, mattresses
Residential building materials, carpet, tiles, concrete, bricks, metals
Electronic Waste – Free E-Waste Amnesty Day is October 2.
Household Hazardous Waste – Free HHW Amnesty Day is November 6.
Tires – Free Tire Amnesty is the first full weekend of every month.
Green Waste – Free Green Waste Days are the first full weekend of March, April, May and June.
The County Convenience Centers are NOT part of the free trash day. Residents will be charged the appropriate punches on their punch card.
For more information please call 424-1850.