The Santa Fe Solid Waste Management Agency is hosting Fall Free Trash Day for City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County residents on Saturday, September 18, from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. at the Buckman Road Recycling and Transfer Station (BuRRT) and Caja del Rio Landfill.
The Agency anticipates a large turnout for this popular event, so be prepared for a longer wait time. Residents needing assistance with unloading should bring help with them.
Residents must also observe the following:
– Limit to one load.
– All loads must be secured and covered with a tarp.
– All vehicles with trailers must go to the landfill.
– All non-acceptable items will be subject to tipping fees.
– No commercial or business waste will be accepted.
– Loads that arrive in commercial vehicles or trailers will be subject to tipping fees for commercial/business waste.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, all customers must:
- Wear a facemask or face-covering at all times.
- Limit to two people per vehicle.
- Stay within their parking space and keep six feet away from others.
Access to the BuRRT recycling drop-off center will be limited. Recyclers are encouraged to come on another day or use the City’s recycling drop-off centers at 2950 Agua Fria or 4009 Lucia Lane.
Garbage, rubbish, unwanted materials
Bulky items – appliances, furniture, mattresses
Residential building materials, carpet, tiles, concrete, bricks, metals
Electronic Waste – Free E-Waste Day is October 2.
Household Hazardous Waste – Free HHW Day is November 6.
Tires – Free Tire Days are the first full weekend of every month.
Green Waste – Free Green Waste Days are the first full weekend of March, April, May and June.
The Santa Fe County’s convenience centers are NOT part of the free trash day. Residents will be charged the appropriate punches on their punch card.
For more information please call 424-1850 or visit SantaFeRecycling.org.